Welcome!

Welcome to WAALT which is just a boring acronym for Wendy's All ALTernative music blog.  I know everyone and their dog has a music blog and I'm just adding to the list. The cool thing here is that I live in Austin, TX which is in my opinion one of the best live music scenes in the US. We are home to the SXSW music festival, ACL music festival and a myriad of other free events and concerts throughout the year. I have been here since 2013 and have become passionate about music again thanks to this town and also the upcoming SXSW festival. I am just a fan and lover of music and I am here to share new and upcoming bands that I find in a lot of different places. I am also hoping to ask questions or connect with the newer bands that just want to be heard and provide a little background info about them. I always like to know what motivates bands to create their own unique sound.

I will first start off and say that for some reason the majority of my favorite bands right now are from overseas, so don't be surprised to see a lot of posts from bands not from the US. I will also be posting concert reviews of whomever I may see here that are great - and I will also be posting a content around the SXSW Music Festival and ACL in the fall. 

I have a wide range of tastes so there will be many different posts here but of course is based on my time - as I have a regular job and kids. Feel free to comment away or share - I am also up for finding about great new unknown bands, so if you are in new alternative band..send me some links to your songs and I will share what I like. The walls and barriers between musicians and fans has been broken down somewhat with social media, soundcloud, spotify, i-tunes etc but I know for a completely independent band with no label or means to promote, it's still hard to get noticed because there is SOO MUCH out there now as well.  I just love music and I'm here to help up and coming bands get a little bit more exposure. 

Here are my socials and contact info:

e-mail: waaltmusic@gmail.com
instagram: waaltmusic
facebook: waaltmusic
soundcloud: waaltmusic
x: waaltmusic
Spotify Playlists: waaltmusic


Comments