- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WendyR
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I have been jamming The Crookes for a while now and I'm super excited they are coming to SXSW. The Crookes are from Sheffield, UK and they formed in 2008. The Crookes are Alex Saunders on Guitar, Daniel Hopewell who also plays guitar, George Waite on bass and vocals and Russell Bates on drums.
In my opinion, the band has just the perfect amount of amazing vocals and that 60's rock influence that blends together an amazing sound and energy from these guys. I am so glad they are getting exposure over here in the US by coming to SXSW and I'm super excited to see them live.
They are in the middle of recording a new album "Soapbox" and I will post one of their newer singles Play Dumb. They also just released Holy Innocents which is an amazing showcase of George's vocal range and will be a bonus track on their new album.
I have a feeling 2014 might be the year for The Crookes to break out big in the USA and gain the recognition they deserve over here. SXSW is honestly the best festival to see great bands from the UK and overseas. I'm super glad I live in Austin and even more glad I get to see so many great bands in less than a month!!
Here is their single from the new upcoming album. If you haven't checked out the album Hold Fast - go listen to Afterglow, Hold Fast, Maybe in the Dark and keep any eye out for Soapbox in April.
Check back after SXSW for a quick live review. I just realized I'm committing to a lot of blogging after the festival ha. I may have to post a few bands per page or highlight the top bands where I am really blown away. Stay Tuned!
You can connect with the band here:
In my opinion, the band has just the perfect amount of amazing vocals and that 60's rock influence that blends together an amazing sound and energy from these guys. I am so glad they are getting exposure over here in the US by coming to SXSW and I'm super excited to see them live.
They are in the middle of recording a new album "Soapbox" and I will post one of their newer singles Play Dumb. They also just released Holy Innocents which is an amazing showcase of George's vocal range and will be a bonus track on their new album.
I have a feeling 2014 might be the year for The Crookes to break out big in the USA and gain the recognition they deserve over here. SXSW is honestly the best festival to see great bands from the UK and overseas. I'm super glad I live in Austin and even more glad I get to see so many great bands in less than a month!!
Here is their single from the new upcoming album. If you haven't checked out the album Hold Fast - go listen to Afterglow, Hold Fast, Maybe in the Dark and keep any eye out for Soapbox in April.
Check back after SXSW for a quick live review. I just realized I'm committing to a lot of blogging after the festival ha. I may have to post a few bands per page or highlight the top bands where I am really blown away. Stay Tuned!
You can connect with the band here:
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment