SXSW - MAGIC MAN

Magic Man is another band I am excited about seeing live at SXSW. Each one of their tracks on the You Are Here EP are great. Magic Man is the creation of childhood friends Alex Caplow (vocals) and Sam Vanderhoop Lee (guitars and keyboards). In 2010 they self released the album Real Life Color. Shortly after the release they decided to hit the road and added high school friend Daniel Radin on bass, college friend Justine Bowe on keyboard and Joey Sulkowski on drums. The band is based in Boston, MA. In 2012 Sam and Alex retreated to Rhode Island to refine their material which comprises the backbone of the band's first proper studio effort, You Are Here. 

The track Paris is getting some great play and circulation especially on Alt Nation and is their top 5 currently in the Alt-18 countdown. That I am sure will be a great indication of their gain in fans and SXSW will only catapult them into the mainstream this year. 

My current favorite tracks are Paris and Texas. They are a culmination of just the right amount of synth, keyboards, beats and a little bit of rock to go with Alex's amazing voice. 

Here is the audio stream for Paris - and if you don't know Magic Man yet, check out their EP You are Here, you won't be disappointed. 





You can connect with Magic Man here:


Check back for my live review - I really don't want to miss these guys but I also know the more music and great bands I'm finding - I know I won't be able to see everyone I want to. 


Comments