SXSW - PHANTOGRAM

If you don't know the band Phantogram, you need to get with it! This is actually one band I'm worried about getting into their showcase because they have gained major radio play in the past 60 days. I actually previewed their album Voices today and it's pretty great. 

Phantogram is a duo out of Greenwich, NY that was formed in 2007 with Josh Carter (vocals, guitars) and Sarah Barthel (vocals, keyboards).  They have a touring drummer and also sometimes another on keyboards for their live set. I really do hope I get in to see them, but if it's packed and badges get priority, I will just have to catch them when they come back through on tour. 

Phantogram has just the right amount of beats, synth, guitar, bass and amazing vocals. 

They did pick the very best single in my opinion from Voices because Blackout Days is still my favorite. Here is the video for Black Out Days. Voices is released on 2/18. Other tracks I love from their new album are Fall in Love and Bill Murray.


They are currently touring and don't miss them on Jimmy Kimmel Live on 2/18 which is the day Voices comes out. Here are a few upcoming tour dates. 

2/19 San Francisco, CA/Amoeba Music
2/20 Oakland, CA/Fox Theater
2/21 Sacramento, CA/Ace of Spades
2/22 Hollywood, CA/Hollywood Palladium
2/23 Ventura, CA/Majestic Ventura Theater
3/1 Toronto,ON/Virgin Mobile Mod Club
3/2 London, ON/The Music Hall

The rest of their tour pics back up in April. You can connect with Phantogram here: I will definitely have a live review if I can catch them during SXSW. 

Comments