- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WendyR
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Royal Blood is one of the top bands on my list that I am going to see for SXSW. I grew up on Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, etc and man when I was in high school we had some great music to listen to. I am not complaining about today's alternative charts like Phoenix, Passion Pit, Grouplove or Chvrches as I love that sound, too but I definitely miss me some clean, hard, solid rock n' roll. I can't wait!
The most amazing thing about this band is that their sound is SOO big for just two guys. With Mike Keer on BASS and vocals (yes, just a bass after you watch and listen) and Ben Thatcher on drums - their collective sound and energy from the few live videos I have seen is just amazing. It's hard to believe they just started this band in 2013 because the two have such a comfortable chemistry when they play together.
In case you are like me and you need more Royal Blood in your life, check out their BBC Maida Vale Sessions Live.
If anyone is near or around Austin, TX come next month - you do not want to miss these guys. They just recently got signed to Warner Bros UK last December so just you wait - you will know this band in the US later this year or early next - I promise. They are already getting some air play on Alt Nation on Sirius XM. When the drummer of Arctic Monkeys wears your band t-shirt on stage at the Glastonbury festival, you know good things are going to happen. I will most definitely be posting my review of these guys.
The most amazing thing about this band is that their sound is SOO big for just two guys. With Mike Keer on BASS and vocals (yes, just a bass after you watch and listen) and Ben Thatcher on drums - their collective sound and energy from the few live videos I have seen is just amazing. It's hard to believe they just started this band in 2013 because the two have such a comfortable chemistry when they play together.
If anyone is near or around Austin, TX come next month - you do not want to miss these guys. They just recently got signed to Warner Bros UK last December so just you wait - you will know this band in the US later this year or early next - I promise. They are already getting some air play on Alt Nation on Sirius XM. When the drummer of Arctic Monkeys wears your band t-shirt on stage at the Glastonbury festival, you know good things are going to happen. I will most definitely be posting my review of these guys.
As far as I know - I have only found 5 recordings from this band and I want more. Can't wait to see what they do in 2014 and beyond. You can connect with Royal Blood here:
Just editing to include the recording I got during SXSW of Out of the Black..the sound is just so freaking loud but they totally rock it live! If you ever get a chance to see these guys...go do it!!
Just editing to include the recording I got during SXSW of Out of the Black..the sound is just so freaking loud but they totally rock it live! If you ever get a chance to see these guys...go do it!!
Alternative Rock
Music News
New Music
Royal Blood Band
Royal Blood UK
SXSW 2014 Festival
Top SXSW Bands to see
UK Bands
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment