- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WendyR
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
How do I describe this band? When I was researching SXSW bands I had to confirm that these guys were actually going to attend as I found another band with the same name. The SXSW website said they are from Bangkok and then another site said Britain. After a little more research I figured out The Standards formed in 2008 and that Matt Smith (vocals) Paul Smith (guitar) (who are not related, btw) are from London and Nit (synths,keys,backing vocals), MC (bass) and Nay (drums) are from Bangkok.
Honestly it doesn't really matter where any of them are from because they are all great musicians and I am excited to see their live show. They have a great mix of just enough hard rock, synth beats and style to be completely mainstream. Plus, I have a soft spot for accents and I'm glad I can hear Matt's lovely dialect unlike the weird phenomenon of some British singers sounding so American when they sing. I never understood that at all.
I know for a fact I will be blogging about these guys after SXSW and after I witness their live set and I promise it will be a great post. After listening to all of their songs I couldn't decide which one is my favorite so here is a video for The Fall. Other great tracks are It's Nothing, Where you Go and Never Go Home.
I am really excited for these guys come to SXSW, get the exposure they need so more people can hear their solid sound. Great music needs to be heard and I am so glad I live in a town that totally supports independent bands so they can be heard.
Also - if you like these guys - check out their kickstarter to help get them here! SXSW doesn't pay you if anything it's very minimal or just an artist wristband. Selfishly, I want to see them live but they need a little help. For the LOVE of MUSIC! :)
Also - if you like these guys - check out their kickstarter to help get them here! SXSW doesn't pay you if anything it's very minimal or just an artist wristband. Selfishly, I want to see them live but they need a little help. For the LOVE of MUSIC! :)
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment