SXSW - WOLF ALICE

I discovered Wolf Alice while researching bands for the festival -  and I'm so glad I have taken a little time to find those bands that are worth seeing. They have a great alt/rock/grunge feel and Ellie Rowsell on vocals is amazing. I haven't gotten this excited about a female vocalist in quite a while. 

Wolf Alice formed in 2010 as a solo project of Ellie Rowsell with the name taken from a book by Angela Carter. She was later joined by guitarist Jeff Oddie then Joel Amey and Theo Ellis. Wolf Alice is from North London (I told you the majority of the really good bands are from overseas!)

I am posting two videos by Wolf Alice as they are both pretty amazing songs and the videos go together in terms of the themes. 

I am really excited about seeing them live - check back for a live review. If you don't know Wolf Alice yet, you need to check them out! Great female led rock band and I really hope they get some recognition at SXSW. 

Here are the two videos for She and Blush...watch She first and then Blush :) 





Check back after SXSW for my live review post! 

Comments