- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WAALT Music Blog
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Max and the Moon is a band I came across while researching SXSW bands. After hearing their track "Crazy" I am pretty sure these guys have the perfect mix of pop/rock greatness to go far. I love that they have dual vocalists and that John's voice is so unique and distinct.
Max and the Moon are John Velasquez (vocalist/guitar), Matt Couchois (vocalist/guitar), Dillon Couchois (drums) and Zachariah Weaver (bass). They started the band in 2009 in Chino Hills, CA and just released their newest EP "Crazy".
I need to have two aspects within a band that makes them stand out to me. First is a great melody and audible arrangement to where I can't deny there is talent there. Secondly for me and as equally important is the songwriting. I believe there are many talented musicians and bands out there, but I need something lyrically that I can relate to on an emotional level. Not every band out there has that mix of great sounding music plus great songwriting. Max and the Moon totally achieve both of those required standards for me.
Max and the Moon just recently released their new "Crazy" EP this past Tuesday. Aside from their previously released single Crazy there are three new tracks on the EP. The one that stands out to me is Losing the Agreement. This song perfectly embodies the breakdown of my last serious relationship all the while having an uplifting chorus and melody going on in the background. Summer Knight and Mexico are really good tracks as well but Losing the Agreement really kind of cut me to the core lyrically. Music can do so many things for me...help me with closure from my past, to get me through a rough time in my life or even just confirm that I am not alone with the human emotions experienced with love, loss, heartbreak, and of course remembering the better and happier times.
On the happiness front both tracks Summer Knight and Mexico are upbeat and reminds me of finding and starting those new relationships where you feel everything in the end is going to be alright. I also want to note that Out of My Head is another great track from their previously released EP that I really like. I'm told it will eventually be released on a full length album later this year (hopefully).
I am really excited about these guys and seeing them live during SXSW. I am definitely a fan now after discovering them and I hope with their upcoming tour and getting out in front of people and playing live their popularity and momentum will just grow. I am posting both songs that I have added to my playlist - Crazy and Losing the Agreement.
Please check back after SXSW I know I will have a great live review for these guys, and hopefully some question/answers with the band on my follow up post. They are currently touring before heading to SXSW and have some dates afterward as well. If you are in the area....check them out!!
You can connect with Max and the Moon here:
Check back after SXSW for a live review!
Max and the Moon are John Velasquez (vocalist/guitar), Matt Couchois (vocalist/guitar), Dillon Couchois (drums) and Zachariah Weaver (bass). They started the band in 2009 in Chino Hills, CA and just released their newest EP "Crazy".
I need to have two aspects within a band that makes them stand out to me. First is a great melody and audible arrangement to where I can't deny there is talent there. Secondly for me and as equally important is the songwriting. I believe there are many talented musicians and bands out there, but I need something lyrically that I can relate to on an emotional level. Not every band out there has that mix of great sounding music plus great songwriting. Max and the Moon totally achieve both of those required standards for me.
Max and the Moon just recently released their new "Crazy" EP this past Tuesday. Aside from their previously released single Crazy there are three new tracks on the EP. The one that stands out to me is Losing the Agreement. This song perfectly embodies the breakdown of my last serious relationship all the while having an uplifting chorus and melody going on in the background. Summer Knight and Mexico are really good tracks as well but Losing the Agreement really kind of cut me to the core lyrically. Music can do so many things for me...help me with closure from my past, to get me through a rough time in my life or even just confirm that I am not alone with the human emotions experienced with love, loss, heartbreak, and of course remembering the better and happier times.
On the happiness front both tracks Summer Knight and Mexico are upbeat and reminds me of finding and starting those new relationships where you feel everything in the end is going to be alright. I also want to note that Out of My Head is another great track from their previously released EP that I really like. I'm told it will eventually be released on a full length album later this year (hopefully).
I am really excited about these guys and seeing them live during SXSW. I am definitely a fan now after discovering them and I hope with their upcoming tour and getting out in front of people and playing live their popularity and momentum will just grow. I am posting both songs that I have added to my playlist - Crazy and Losing the Agreement.
Please check back after SXSW I know I will have a great live review for these guys, and hopefully some question/answers with the band on my follow up post. They are currently touring before heading to SXSW and have some dates afterward as well. If you are in the area....check them out!!
MAR 3 – House of Blues – San Diego, CA*
MAR 4 - Troubadour - Los Angeles, CA*
MAR 5 – The Rhythm Room – Phoenix, AZ*
MAR 8 – House of Blues- Dallas, TX*
MAR 9 – House of Blues – Houston, TX*
MAR 11-16 – SXSW, Austin, TX
MAR 18 – The Rhythm Room – Phoenix, AZ^
APR 3 - X Ambassadors - Los Angeles, CA~
APR 15 - El Rey - Los Angeles, CA #
APR 16 – Hangar 24- Redlands, CA+
MAR 4 - Troubadour - Los Angeles, CA*
MAR 5 – The Rhythm Room – Phoenix, AZ*
MAR 8 – House of Blues- Dallas, TX*
MAR 9 – House of Blues – Houston, TX*
MAR 11-16 – SXSW, Austin, TX
MAR 18 – The Rhythm Room – Phoenix, AZ^
APR 3 - X Ambassadors - Los Angeles, CA~
APR 15 - El Rey - Los Angeles, CA #
APR 16 – Hangar 24- Redlands, CA+
+ headline # w/ RAC * w/ The Colourist ~ X Ambassadors ^ w/ Belle Game
You can connect with Max and the Moon here:
Max and The Moon Band
New Alternative Bands
New Music
SXSW 2014 Festival
Top SXSW 2014 Bands to see
Top SXSW Bands to see
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment