- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WendyR
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Everyone is posting lists, so I might as well do the same. A few things - I'm here to post the bands you probably haven't heard of. I want to preface that if the bands are on the Top Alternative Chart, they are not going to be on my list. I will list the bands on that chart that are coming to SXSW - if you don't know them now, you need to. If you want a hip hop or rap list, sorry this list isn't it.
I apologize that I am not as cool as NPR to give everyone a free download of each of these songs.. better yet, go buy the song and support these artists - or go check that list because I know for sure a few of these bands are on their list, too :)
Now the true list begins - narrowing down this list to figure out who I am actually going to be able see next week.
13 bands from the chart will be at SXSW - go check out the ones you are not familiar with..because they are all great bands. Bad Suns, Band of Skulls, Bear Hands, Foster the People, Imagine Dragons, J. Roddy Walston & The Business, Magic Man, Morning Parade, MS MR, The Neighborhood, Phantogram, Wild Cub and Young The Giant. Of course I don't have to list the major big acts that are a no brainer if you want to stand in line (Damon Albarn, Gary Numan, Kurt Vile, etc)
I was only going to do 50 bands and then I realized I actually do have well over 100 bands I'm interested in seeing. I actually lost count so it's a hundred and something. I'm also only posting bands with official showcases so it is fair. I mean Jagwar Ma is coming but they are not on the list so I did not list them here - if you do not know Jagwar Ma, though go download Come Save Me this instant!
Lastly - I am a single mom with a full time job and there is no way I have listened to all 1,700+ bands and I am only focusing on the alternative genre so I am sure I am missing a band that is pretty great - so post some suggestions in the comments :) I am actually kind of surprised I had the time to listen to at least a couple of hundred bands and this is what I have narrowed down in terms of who I'm trying to see live. If you didn't have time to research SXSW bands, hopefully this list might help you. My range is pretty wide - from singer songwriters to post punk, neo psych, synth pop/rock, shoegaze and electronic bands.
I apologize that I am not as cool as NPR to give everyone a free download of each of these songs.. better yet, go buy the song and support these artists - or go check that list because I know for sure a few of these bands are on their list, too :)
Alex Vargas - All Rise Up
Alpha Rev - Sing Loud
Alvvays - Adult Diversion
Arthur Beatrice - Midland
BANKS - Waiting Game
Barcelona - Please Don't Go
Bear's Den - Mother
Blondfire - Walking With Giants
Bob Schneider - Swimming in the Sea
Boy & Bear - Southern Sun
Breton - Edward the Confessor
Brothertiger - Crazy, Again
Bully - Bully
Chappo - I Don't Need the Sun
Cheers Elephant - Doin' It, Right
Chet Faker - Talk Is Cheap
Clear Plastic Masks - Baby Come On
Cloud Nothings - Stay Useless
The Cold & Lovely - Bring It
The Colourist - Little Games
The Crookes- Play Dumb
Cymbals - You Are
The Darcys - Itchy Blood
Dems - Down on You
Desert Noises - Oak Tree
Drenge - Bloodsports
Eagulls - Possessed
The Eastern Sea - A Lie
Echosmith - Cool Kids
Empires - Keep It Steady
Ex Hex - What Kind of Monster Are You?
Ezra Furman - My Zero
Fauntella Crow - Just Try
Fever The Ghost - Source
French Horn Rebellion - Caaalifornia
The Front Bottoms - Backflip
Future Islands - Balance
Gang of Youths - Evangelists
Ghost Beach - Miracle
Goldroom - Embrace
The Griswolds - Heart of a Lion
Heavenly Beat - Tradition
Hozier - Take Me To Church
Jambinai - Time of Extinction
Jeremy Messersmith - Tourniquet
Jillette Johnson - True North
Juliette Ashby - Hoping
Jeremy Messersmith - Tourniquet
Jillette Johnson - True North
Juliette Ashby - Hoping
The Kooks - Junk of the Heart
Little Daylight - Overdose
Little Dragon - Klapp Klapp
London Grammar - Metal & Dust
Lucius - Turn It Around
Marigold - You and I Know
Mark Kozelek - Silly Girl
Max and the Moon - Crazy
Meg Myers - Go
Miniature Tigers - Swimming Pool Blues
Monokino - Follow
Moon Taxi - Running Wild
The Moth & The Flame - Sorry
The Mowglis - Say It, Just Say It
Neulore - Shadow of a Man
Night Drive - Drones
Night Terrors of 1927 - Dust and Bones
Nick Mulvey - Nitrous
NO - What's Your Name
Nothing - Dig
The Orwells - Mallrats (La La La)
PAPA - Put Me To Work
Parquet Courts - Stoned and Starving
The Preatures - Is This How You Feel?
Public Service Broadcasting - Everest
RAC - Repeating Motion
Radkey - Romance Dawn
Real Estate - Talking Backwards
The Rocketboys - Bloodless
Roman Remains - This Stone Is Starting to Bleed
Royal Blood - Little Monster
Royal Canoe - Bathtubs
Royal Teeth - Heartbeats
RUFUS - This Summer
Sam Smith - Lay Me Down
She Sir - You Could Be Tiger
Simian Ghost - Wolf Girl
SKATERS - Deadbolt
Sleeper Agent - Waves
Small Black - No Stranger
SPEAK - Be Reasonable, Diane
Speedy Ortiz - Pioneer Spine
The Standards - The Fall
Strange Talk - Young Hearts
Syd Arthur - Ode To The Summer
Tallows - Flat Bones
Tangerine - Feel This Way
Temples - Keep In The Dark
Tennis - Marathon
Thumpers - Dancing's Done
Tijuana Panthers - Creature
Timber Timbre -Black Water
To Kill A King - Rays
Torres - Honey
Touch Sensitive - Show Me
Traams - Flowers
Truck Fighters - Mind Control
Turin Brakes - Time and Money
Typhoon - Dreams of Cannibalism
The Unlikely Candidates - Follow My Feet
Vance Joy - Riptide
Vancouver Sleep Clinic - Collapse
The Vegabonds - Wake Up
Wardell - Opossum
Warpaint - Love Is To Die
Washed Out - It All Feels Right
We Were Promised Jetpacks - Quite Little Voices
Weekend - It's Alright
Wet - Dreams
Wheeler Brothers - My Time
Wild Child - Pillow Talk
Wolf Alice - She
Woman's Hour - Her Ghost
Wonder Villains - Blonde
Wye Oak - The Tower
The Wytches - Digsaw
Yip Deceiver - Get Strict
Now the true list begins - narrowing down this list to figure out who I am actually going to be able see next week.
London Grammar
SXSW 2014 Festival
SXSW 2014 Top 100SOMETHIN Alternative Bands to See
Temples Band
The Griswolds
the1975
Top SXSW 2014 Alternative Bands to see
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments

nice list for all
ReplyDelete