ACL 2014 - MINIATURE TIGERS (Q&A)

Miniature Tigers are the shit.  Not only are they going to be at ACL this year but their new song Used To Be The Shit (UTBTS) is infectious and has been on repeat for me the past few days. 

How can you not love a song that has such clever lyrics as "Our love was warm like a VHS tape of Aladdin, now our love's so cold - laser disc of Cruel Intentions." Not only do they have a brand new album dropping next month, the three singles they have released so far indicate it's going to be pretty epic. 





Miniature Tigers are Charlie Brand (vocals and guitar), Rick Schaier (keyboard and vocals), Algernon Quashie (guitar), Brandon Lee (bass). If you don't know who they are - you need to know. Personally I think they are underrated and more people need to know about them. 

The three singles released so far from the Cruel Runnings Album are some great indie pop tunes (the kind of pop where I want to dance) and it's really hard not to like Charlie's sweet vocals as well. I really feel this album is going to take them in a direction that will equal more fans, more followers and more success. 

I was super surprised and excited Charlie answered a couple of questions. I wish I would have thought of a few more but I always want to keep it short so I don't bother people. ha. 

WMB: You guys have an upcoming killer summer tour Miniature Tigers + The Griswolds = AMAZING! Are you guys excited to play ACL this fall? 

CB: Very excited! We played a few years ago and had a really great time. 

WMB: Who do you want to see at ACL if you get the chance?

CB: I'm really excited for Outkast, Beck, St. Vincent

WMB: One last question - since you guys are playing at the ACL festival, if you had a dream festival where you could make up the line up - who would play? 

CB: Kanye, Death Grips, Joni Mitchell

I love Miniature Tigers because they get their fans involved and talk to nobodies like me. If you dig the song UTBTS that I'm about to post - go hop on twitter and post what #usedtobetheshit. They even have their own URL right now with fans tweeting what used to be the shit - you know like parachute pants and motorola razr flip phones (haha..yep). 



If you can't catch them at ACL - they have an awesome summer tour coming up with The Griswolds - hope you can catch them live. It's gonna be a great show! 

Don't forget Cruel Runnings is out 6/17 - Check out their upcoming summer tour dates.

 You can connect with Miniature Tigers here:
http://www.miniaturetigers.com/

Comments