PUPPET REBELLION (Q&A)

I believe I found Puppet Rebellion via twitter. Since I mainly follow bands on twitter, I do get a lot of band follows and messages for me to check out their music. I don't have time to listen to every band or song that I get tweeted but I do try and I am really glad I did listen to Puppet Rebellion.  

Puppet Rebellion are from Manchester, UK and are a really great indie rock band that has already put out two awesome EP's (2013's Chemical Friends and 2014's No Means Yes). The band is comprised of Simon Monaghan (Frontman), Paul Trochowski (guitars), James Halliwell (bass), Craig Gibson (guitars), and Chris Carcamo (drums).  




What is great about Puppet Rebellion is they sound like they have been playing for quite a while but are a fairly new band that formed in January 2013. I love their two new EP's already and am looking forward to what these guys do in the future.  I caught up with Simon Monaghan and he answered a few questions for me. 

WMB: What are some goals in the next 12 months for Puppet Rebellion? 

SM: In the next year we want to write and record our first album, expand our fanbase so there isn't a corner of the UK that doesn't know us and get all plans in place for the release of the album. Oh and we would also like to play some more pretty cool gigs up and down the country. 

WMB: If you guys had a dream tour - who would  you love to play with (can be past or present bands)? 

SM: I think opinions would differ with Jim (bassist) and Danny (drums) as they like bands like Bon Jovi haha but as a collective I reckon bands like Strokes/Bloc Party/Interpol would be prime candidates. 


WMB: Is your band name a political statement? 

SM: It depends which way you want to take it. All I will say is the name is inspired by a burning desire not to be controlled in any way, shape or form. 

WMB: Chemical Friends hits close to home for me because I dealt with an ex who was addicted to drugs - I would guess there is a history in the songwriting..if you would like to elaborate that would be cool. 

SM: I used to party quite a lot and obviously there was a massive group of friends who had one thing in common. I decided to calm that side of my life down and suddenly that group of friends shrank down to 2 or 3 people. This is my song about those friends and how shallow and meaningless it all is. Most of them are still living the same life now. It's not where I am anymore so good luck to them but there is a bigger picture for people to see. Drugs are dumbing our nation down and holding back our ambition and slowly sapping our motivation away. That's my opinion but everyone needs to try and make their own mind up. 

With that last quote from Simon I totally agree with him and love this band - I wish them great success this year and I'm so grateful they could answer a few questions for me. If you haven't heard of these guys, you need to check out both EP's and support this band! The are on iTunes, Spotify and Amazon. I am posting my two favorites from each EP. If you like these guys, too - tell a friend! 

Here is my favorite from their No Means Yes EP:



The title track from the Chemical Friends EP: 




Upcoming Live Shows: 
Sat 14 Jun, 2014 Talk - Birmingham
Sat 21 Jun, 2014 Deaf Institute - Manchester
Sun 22 Jun, 2014 Headlander Festival - Stockport
Sat 05 Jul, 2014  Carpe Diem - Leeds
Fri 18 Jul, 2014 Seaxe - Brentwood, Essex
Sat 26 Jul, 2014 Blackthron Music Festival - Stockport
Sun 27 Jul, 2014 Tramlines Festival - Sheffield
Fri 22 Aug, 2014 - Alley Cat - London (Denmark St)
Sat 23 Aug, 2014 - Cafe Indiependent  - Scunthorpe


Comments