RANGOON SONS

Rangoon Sons is a great band out of Liverpool, Britain and I owe them an apology for taking so long to post this! Sorry guys life, work, kids and then the SXSW festival happened.  They have a great EP Come Back Home and I am really excited to see what else these guys are going to do this year. I love their sound - I can hear so many different influences mixed in there but it is done just right and they keep it fresh and relevant. 

Rangoon Sons is a 5 piece band from Liverpool consisting of brothers Andres and Daniel Hernandez, Felipe and Ricky Davis-Guzman, and their cousin Mike Davis. 

For 2014 their goals as a band are to record and release another EP and to play a bunch of summer festivals and get more recognition in the UK. They do have enough songs written for a full length album and I would love to hear more than just four right now. 

Their dream bands (past or present) to tour with would be The Beatles, Arctic Monkeys, Alt-J, The Black Keys, Alabama Shakes, Tame Impala and Fleetwood Mac. 

Just by that list right there..these guys are totally cool in my book :) I do hope they get more exposure everywhere and who knows - maybe even make it to SXSW one year. 

I am posting their song Not The Boyfriend Kind from Soundcloud but if you have Spotify - do check out Alibi that is my favorite from their EP Come Back Home. 






Make sure you tweet, follow and like these guys, will be excited to see what the rest of the year holds for them. You can connect with them here:






Comments