- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WendyR
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I am not sure how I happened along wyd:syd but they are from Singapore and are pretty awesome. The band is made up of Marcus Tan (vocals), Ridhwan Malik and Eugene Huang on guitars, Aaron Pereira on bass and Jared Oh on drums.
You can connect with wyd:syd here:
wyd:syd was formed in 2012 and has a truly unique sound to where I want to listen to the songs I have heard so far on repeat. They are a truly independent band that hails from Singapore.
Yesterlove is their newest track and it's pretty amazing. It has some definite shoegaze-iness going on but some other great dream pop undertones with even a little experimental rock as well.
I connected with Eugene for just a couple of questions but my main goal is to just share this great band with the masses!
WMB: My first question is - i-Tunes...Spotify? I need more wyd:syd in my life instead of just bandcamp and soundcloud.
Eugene: We are in contracting talks with an aggregator earlier this month but are still looking. We are definitely trying to find an aggregator that can match our artistic and financial goals and once we do, we will be on more platforms like Spotify and iTunes.
WMB: What is happening with wyd:syd in the next year?
Eugene: Yesterlove is the most recent single off our next EP which is in the midst of recording right now. We are hoping to release the next EP in conjunction with our show at Baybeats 2014 (a Singapore based music festival that showcases music from the region)
WMB: Who would your dream tour be with?
Eugene: We all have different role models in the music industry but Foals are our main heroes! It would be a dream come true if we ever had the chance to play along side them!
Without further ado - please check out Yesterlove and their Oval East EP from 2013 as well. I really can't wait to hear more from these guys. Leaves is another great track as well.
You can connect with wyd:syd here:
Upcoming Dates:
Baybeats 2014 Saturday June 28th at 7:15pm - Esplanade Waterfront
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments

wyd:syd is now on Spotify!
ReplyDelete