- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WendyR
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I believe I found these guys on twitter or they found me. Regardless of how, I'm glad I found out about this band. I immediately fell in love with the track Tunnel and then searched you tube for anything Youth Club and found an awesome acoustic track and fell in love even more with Gerrard's vocals.
So I found them on facebook and all the proper channels but somehow missed their Colours EP debut - it's finally out! Youth Club is Gerrad Duffield (vocals), Rees Broomfield (drums), Joseph Francisco White (Guitar) and his brother Danny Blanco (guitar).
I am really digging the Colours EP - Your Only Self is my new theme song - gives me hope anyway ;) with the chorus of "One day not far from now you're gonna figure out who you are, you're gonna find someone you want and be the center of their love." I'm just going to go with that. It is actually a perfect theme song for divorced single moms like me - ha.
What I love best about Youth Club is they don't fit into a peg or a genre, they are so many things mixed together which keeps them fresh and unique. Poppy, yes but sprinkled with a whole bunch of other great sounds and influences, too.
I asked a few questions and I'm happy these guys had a chance to get back to me and I hope they do really well this year and everyone that reads this becomes a fan, too. Youth Club has been playing as a band since last year and their goals this year are to quit their day jobs, release a full length album and meet lots of amazing people.
Their dream tour would be with Phoenix, Whitest Boy Alive and the Mars Volta.
My dream would be one day they make to Austin, TX or I will seriously need to book a UK trip in the next couple of years to see some of my favorite UK bands.
I'm linking their first track Tunnel from soundcloud but please go check out the Colours EP on Spotify. Your Only Self is my other favorite track.
So I found them on facebook and all the proper channels but somehow missed their Colours EP debut - it's finally out! Youth Club is Gerrad Duffield (vocals), Rees Broomfield (drums), Joseph Francisco White (Guitar) and his brother Danny Blanco (guitar).
I am really digging the Colours EP - Your Only Self is my new theme song - gives me hope anyway ;) with the chorus of "One day not far from now you're gonna figure out who you are, you're gonna find someone you want and be the center of their love." I'm just going to go with that. It is actually a perfect theme song for divorced single moms like me - ha.
What I love best about Youth Club is they don't fit into a peg or a genre, they are so many things mixed together which keeps them fresh and unique. Poppy, yes but sprinkled with a whole bunch of other great sounds and influences, too.
I asked a few questions and I'm happy these guys had a chance to get back to me and I hope they do really well this year and everyone that reads this becomes a fan, too. Youth Club has been playing as a band since last year and their goals this year are to quit their day jobs, release a full length album and meet lots of amazing people.
Their dream tour would be with Phoenix, Whitest Boy Alive and the Mars Volta.
My dream would be one day they make to Austin, TX or I will seriously need to book a UK trip in the next couple of years to see some of my favorite UK bands.
I'm linking their first track Tunnel from soundcloud but please go check out the Colours EP on Spotify. Your Only Self is my other favorite track.
You can connect with Youth Club Here:
Upcoming Tour Dates:
5.25.14 Hogsozzle Festival - Hertford
6.13.14 Rebel Rebel @ Bar Mondo - Dartford
6.14.14 Fake Festival - Basildon
6.29.14 Leigh Folk Festival, Alternative Stage - Leigh-on-Sea
7.12.14 Village Green, Village School Stage - Chalkwell
7.26.14 Rock En Stock - France
9.12.14 Flag Factory Festival - Basildon
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment