CROSS WIRES (Q&A)

Cross Wires is a great band out of London that happened to show up in my e-mail inbox. If you peruse through my posts you can tell the range of what I like musically is pretty wide. Cross Wires is some great gritty post punk rock that I can totally hear on the radio one day. I seriously have to make a trip to London one year because I am sure their live set is awesome.......!!!!!!!

Cross Wires are Jonathan Chapman (Vox), Peter Muller (Guitar/Vox), Pete Letch (Bass/Vox) and Ian Clarke on drums. 


Jonathan was cool enough to answer a few questions for me so here it goes..

WMB: What is happening with Cross Wires this year - any specific goals or new songs coming soon? 

JC: Yeah we have 5 or 6 songs to choose from for the next EP. Hopefully we will get down to Soundsavers Studio in Homerton sometime soon and record them. We did our last EP ASSEMBLY there and it was the first time it really felt like us. 

WMB: How would you describe your live set to someone that has never seen you guys play before? 

JC: Pop songs with plenty of hooks played with loads of energy. A sweaty mess and an out of breath singer. 

WMB: How is the London music scene - there are so many great bands coming out of the UK and a large amount from London - are the bands supportive of each other, or is it competitive? 

JC: Well we have played with some really cool bands who have been nice guys as well as good bands plus some rubbish bands who seem to think they can be rude to you and more importantly the sound guy. Never be rude to the sound guy. My favourite band out there at the moment is Subrosa. Great live band with strong songs and top guys. 

WMB: If you had a dream tour to go on, who would it be with (can be past or present bands)?

JC: The Smiths because it would mean they had gotten back together. 

Yes it would be great if the Smiths ever did get back together -  hopefully they would actually PLAY the booked concerts unlike his solo tour...damn u Morrissey!!)

I'm looking forward to keeping up with these guys and seeing what they do in the future. Off their ASSEMBLY EP I am posting my favorite - I Want to be Your Man (Again). Stranger's Bed is great, too. There is also a FREE download of one of their older tracks Precious Metal - I am posting that as well. All of their proper contact info is listed below. Go like, share, buy and support :) 




Cross Wires - Twitter

Upcoming Shows:
29th July, 2014 Teen Creeps at Notting Hill Arts Club - London

Comments