DEXTERS (Q&A)

Dexters are a great rock band from London UK. Their Shimmer Gold EP is out and I can totally listen to the entire album - I am digging every single song. I am really glad I found out about these lads and I can't wait to see what else they do in the future. 

Dexters are comprised of frontman Tom Rowlett, guitarists Chris Heggie, Ben Debo, bassist Vincent Dignan and drummer Chris Mardon. Dexters have been playing as a band since 2011. Shimmer Gold just dropped earlier this year and it is a pretty amazing debut album. 




Tom was really cool enough to answer a few questions about what's going on with the band.  

WMB: Shimmer Gold is a great album, not a tune on there that I don't enjoy. How did the recording/making of the album go?

TR: Thanks. We didn't have a long time to track the album. We had most of the songs in our live set for a long time so we didn't need loads of takes and that gave us more time to experiment on overdubs and trying out new parts.


WMB: Do you guys have any goals this year as a band besides touring? 

TR: Other than all the festivals and tours this year I think the goal is just to write as much new stuff as possible for album 2. 

WMB: Since I am in the US and can't see one of your live shows - how would you describe it? 

TR: It's very energetic - we are always bouncing off each other. We really love playing live and that really shows. It's also engaging - we really try and get the crowd with us. 


WMB: You guys are playing a bunch of cool festivals this year. If you could go on a dream tour or play at a dream festival - who else would be playing? (Can be past or present bands)

TR: We would have loved to of toured with the Who in the 60's and 70's - amazing band and would have been great to have had a night out with Mr. Moon

WMB: Have you guys ever thought of coming to the US or applying to play SXSW? 

TR: We would love to come over - we just need the demand. Hopefully one day we will get over. 

The more great bands I am discovering from the UK the more I seriously need to plan a trip!! I am posting my two favorite songs from their Shimmer Gold album which are Recover and Oceans. If you are digging these guys as much as I am - like, share, buy, support.  If anyone lives in any of these towns for their upcoming dates - please go check them out and let me know how great their live set is :) 






You can connect with Dexters here: 


Upcoming Tour Dates: 
Fri 27th June - Donauinselfest/Vienna, Austria
Thu 3rd July - The British Gran Prix/Silverstone, UK
Fri 11th July - Ampere/Munich, Germany
Fri 25th July - Alleyway Festival/Hertfordshire, England
Sat 26th July - Liverpool Calling Festival/Liverpool, England
Sat 8th August - Strawberry Fields Festival/Leicester, UK
Sat 16th August - Nonstock Festival/Fischbachtal, Germany
Sat 30th August - Bingley Music Festival/Myrtle Park, England
Sun 31st August - Brownstock Festival/Essex, England
Wed 5th November - EVAC/Liverpool UK
Thu 6th November - King Tuts/Glasgow, UK
Fri 7th November - Think Tank/Newcastle, UK

Comments