- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WendyR
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
TOURISTS are a great band I happened upon while I was over on the only Facebook music group I have time for. I have mentioned it before but if you are looking to discover some really great music from all over the world in the alternative genre, you need to go join the New Music Alternative Page when you get done reading this.
TOURISTS are from Torquay, Britain UK and have been playing as a band since March 2012. Tourists are Jamie Giles (lead vocal, guitar), Liam Meyer - (Guitar, synth), Scott Morton (Drums), Matthew White (Bass),
Their new EP Hidden Desires is great and I am looking forward to seeing what these guys will do in the future. Their newest EP has a great synthpop sound going on and I am enjoying it very much.
I caught up with Scott and he was kind enough to answer a few questions for me.
WMB: I am liking the progression from 2012 to now. The sounds from Background, We'll Talk About It and Gemini are great. What was the motivation for the different direction?
SM: Well our first EP 'Fear Grows' had less synth. We had a kind of unintentional 80's vibe going on, so we thought what the hell let's go with it and crank up the synth. Our earlier material was heavily guitar based but now we feel the synth and guitars are complimenting each other nicely.
'Fear Grows' was produced by ourselves with limited recording equipment. We are very proud of that record and I think it caught the essence of what we're about with a certain lo-fi charm about it.
When we came to record our new EP 'Hidden Desires' we thought we'd leave the production to someone who knew what they were doing! In a professional sense (James Bragg). So we recorded in an amazing studio. Hidden Desires has a more crystal clear sound compared to our previous work.
WMB: What are your goals as a band this year? Is there an album release in the future?
SM: Our goals are really to keep working hard and stay in love with creating music and writing songs. I think that's the way you've got to go about it in the music industry which is very cut throat. Staying in touch with the fundamental reasons we do this is very important. You can't get anywhere without real meaning and good material. Then anything else that comes along is a welcomed bonus.
We released HIdden Desires through a small label. We are now looking for another who would like to release our next. As far as an album goes we have enough material to make three of them but we would really like a label to get behind us first so it's not all off our own backs.
WMB: If you had a dream tour to go on, who would it be with? (Can be past or present bands).
SM: OK on tour for me I'll say The Strokes, Matt - Interpol, Liam - Echo and the Bunnymen. Jamie - Radiohead...Kraftwerk, Twin Shadow...but maybe Haim and Warpaint would be more fun :)
I'm posting my two favorite tracks from Hidden Desires which are Background and We'll Talk About It. If you like these guys as much as I do - like, share, tweet, buy - just go support these guys so we can get some more great tunes from them.
You can connect with Tourists Here:
TOURISTS - Website
TOURISTS - Facebook
TOURISTS - Twitter
TOURISTS - Bandcamp
Upcoming Shows:
Sat 30th August - Bicton Fest 2014 - Bicton College - East Devon UK
Time - TBA
TOURISTS are from Torquay, Britain UK and have been playing as a band since March 2012. Tourists are Jamie Giles (lead vocal, guitar), Liam Meyer - (Guitar, synth), Scott Morton (Drums), Matthew White (Bass),
Their new EP Hidden Desires is great and I am looking forward to seeing what these guys will do in the future. Their newest EP has a great synthpop sound going on and I am enjoying it very much.
I caught up with Scott and he was kind enough to answer a few questions for me.
WMB: I am liking the progression from 2012 to now. The sounds from Background, We'll Talk About It and Gemini are great. What was the motivation for the different direction?
SM: Well our first EP 'Fear Grows' had less synth. We had a kind of unintentional 80's vibe going on, so we thought what the hell let's go with it and crank up the synth. Our earlier material was heavily guitar based but now we feel the synth and guitars are complimenting each other nicely.
'Fear Grows' was produced by ourselves with limited recording equipment. We are very proud of that record and I think it caught the essence of what we're about with a certain lo-fi charm about it.
When we came to record our new EP 'Hidden Desires' we thought we'd leave the production to someone who knew what they were doing! In a professional sense (James Bragg). So we recorded in an amazing studio. Hidden Desires has a more crystal clear sound compared to our previous work.
WMB: What are your goals as a band this year? Is there an album release in the future?
SM: Our goals are really to keep working hard and stay in love with creating music and writing songs. I think that's the way you've got to go about it in the music industry which is very cut throat. Staying in touch with the fundamental reasons we do this is very important. You can't get anywhere without real meaning and good material. Then anything else that comes along is a welcomed bonus.
We released HIdden Desires through a small label. We are now looking for another who would like to release our next. As far as an album goes we have enough material to make three of them but we would really like a label to get behind us first so it's not all off our own backs.
WMB: If you had a dream tour to go on, who would it be with? (Can be past or present bands).
SM: OK on tour for me I'll say The Strokes, Matt - Interpol, Liam - Echo and the Bunnymen. Jamie - Radiohead...Kraftwerk, Twin Shadow...but maybe Haim and Warpaint would be more fun :)
I'm posting my two favorite tracks from Hidden Desires which are Background and We'll Talk About It. If you like these guys as much as I do - like, share, tweet, buy - just go support these guys so we can get some more great tunes from them.
You can connect with Tourists Here:
TOURISTS - Website
TOURISTS - Facebook
TOURISTS - Twitter
TOURISTS - Bandcamp
Upcoming Shows:
Sat 30th August - Bicton Fest 2014 - Bicton College - East Devon UK
Time - TBA
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment