- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WendyR
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Beautiful Boy is well...beautiful music. I am not even sure how I came across these guys but I'm so glad I did. I seriously need more than just a few tracks by them and I'm so looking forward to a debut album. Another single should come out next month so make sure and check back.
Beautiful Boy was born in North London and has been in public existence since late August 2013 when they debuted their song Home. This fact is kind of mind blowing to me because they sound seasoned and like they have been playing as a band for years now.
Beautiful Boy is fronted by singer Dane Etteridge, Simon Goldring (drums), Tommy Taylor (Bass), Joseph Heaselgrave (Guitar), and Tom Beck (Organ/Keys).
Dane Etteridge was super awesome and answered a few questions for me, and I'm really excited to share them.
WMB: I just discovered you guys and aside from a couple of links to blogs all I know is that you have three songs I could find and I need more ;) Is there a full length EP in the works later this year (hopefully?)
DE: There are loads of songs, but yeah only a few online at the moment, we have just shared another one called ‘But You Do’ as a free download, we are just really into sharing music with people so we like to put up tracks periodically on our Soundcloud. We do have plans for an EP but I think it’ll likely come out more towards the end of the year. We will however be putting out another Single in September which we are all really excited about.
WMB: I noticed on your FB page that Steve Lamacq played Love Me More on his show. I actually got to meet him at SXSW earlier this year and thanked him for bringing Royal Blood and Public Service Broadcasting out to the BBC Introducing showcase. The british guy next to me said he's kind of a DJ legend in the UK. If you guys ever got asked to come over to America or SXSW - would you?
DE: Two great bands there ha. Lamacq has been really supportive of us so far which is something we are really grateful of. To come over to America to play is definitely something we hope to do, as for English bands it's quite the milestone to tour America, so more in answer to your question…Yes we would jump at any opportunity to come to the states and play.
WMB: Home is such a great melodic track but Love Me More is much more fast paced and has more of a rock feel to it. I love the diversity and equally love both...is there one preference over the other?
DE: Thank you, that’s very kind of you to say, I think both personas of Beautiful Boy have their merits, a track like Love Me More is one of our favorites to play live because its really wild and loud so you can throw yourself around a little more to it, whereas songs like Home are much more “listening songs”, that have a little more depth to them in terms of narrative and feel, but to pick a preference would be like asking a parent to choose a favorite child ha.
WMB: So you guys are relatively a new band (in the past two years, correct?) You definitely sound polished and very comfortable on the recordings - have you had anyone help you produce or mix any of your singles?
DE: Yeah we are still very much in the band infancy, We only launched it all in Aug/Sept 2013, so only just over half a year at this point ha. On all the recordings we’ve done so far we worked with a producer friend called Anthony Theaker, who definitely challenged us to iron out anything that wasn’t 100%, he then mixed them and we went in and made our personal taste changes. We really know exactly what we want to be and what we want to sound like which makes it a little easier for us in the studio, but I can imagine that it could be a bit of a nightmare for a producer ha.
WMB: It seems like this year you have had a lot of positive feedback and a growing fan base - any other goals this year as a band?
DE: We have been very fortunate that people have been connecting with the songs we’ve shared so far, which is such a massive compliment for us as a band, we want to just continue writing, recording, playing and sharing our songs with as many people and in as many places as possible.
WMB: If you guys could go on one dream tour or festival - who would play along side you? (Can be past or present bands)
DE: The Beatles – Hollywood bowl circa 1965. Would have been immense! Rubbish PA’s and no monitoring but the atmosphere would have been insane.
WMB: Thanks for taking the time - seriously you guys need to be on the radio over here like now. Can't wait to see what else you guys end up doing this year!
DE: No Problem. And I agree! We would like that Ha. Best.
Ok so I have to at least post two songs but I want to post more. Every single I have heard is great. I will post the two mentioned in the interview and if you love these guys like I do - like, share, follow and spread the word! If you click on their soundcloud below you can listen to But you Do and download it for free!
What do you think of Beautiful Boy?
Beautiful Boy was born in North London and has been in public existence since late August 2013 when they debuted their song Home. This fact is kind of mind blowing to me because they sound seasoned and like they have been playing as a band for years now.
Beautiful Boy is fronted by singer Dane Etteridge, Simon Goldring (drums), Tommy Taylor (Bass), Joseph Heaselgrave (Guitar), and Tom Beck (Organ/Keys).
Dane Etteridge was super awesome and answered a few questions for me, and I'm really excited to share them.
WMB: I just discovered you guys and aside from a couple of links to blogs all I know is that you have three songs I could find and I need more ;) Is there a full length EP in the works later this year (hopefully?)
DE: There are loads of songs, but yeah only a few online at the moment, we have just shared another one called ‘But You Do’ as a free download, we are just really into sharing music with people so we like to put up tracks periodically on our Soundcloud. We do have plans for an EP but I think it’ll likely come out more towards the end of the year. We will however be putting out another Single in September which we are all really excited about.
WMB: I noticed on your FB page that Steve Lamacq played Love Me More on his show. I actually got to meet him at SXSW earlier this year and thanked him for bringing Royal Blood and Public Service Broadcasting out to the BBC Introducing showcase. The british guy next to me said he's kind of a DJ legend in the UK. If you guys ever got asked to come over to America or SXSW - would you?
DE: Two great bands there ha. Lamacq has been really supportive of us so far which is something we are really grateful of. To come over to America to play is definitely something we hope to do, as for English bands it's quite the milestone to tour America, so more in answer to your question…Yes we would jump at any opportunity to come to the states and play.
WMB: Home is such a great melodic track but Love Me More is much more fast paced and has more of a rock feel to it. I love the diversity and equally love both...is there one preference over the other?
DE: Thank you, that’s very kind of you to say, I think both personas of Beautiful Boy have their merits, a track like Love Me More is one of our favorites to play live because its really wild and loud so you can throw yourself around a little more to it, whereas songs like Home are much more “listening songs”, that have a little more depth to them in terms of narrative and feel, but to pick a preference would be like asking a parent to choose a favorite child ha.
WMB: So you guys are relatively a new band (in the past two years, correct?) You definitely sound polished and very comfortable on the recordings - have you had anyone help you produce or mix any of your singles?
DE: Yeah we are still very much in the band infancy, We only launched it all in Aug/Sept 2013, so only just over half a year at this point ha. On all the recordings we’ve done so far we worked with a producer friend called Anthony Theaker, who definitely challenged us to iron out anything that wasn’t 100%, he then mixed them and we went in and made our personal taste changes. We really know exactly what we want to be and what we want to sound like which makes it a little easier for us in the studio, but I can imagine that it could be a bit of a nightmare for a producer ha.
WMB: It seems like this year you have had a lot of positive feedback and a growing fan base - any other goals this year as a band?
DE: We have been very fortunate that people have been connecting with the songs we’ve shared so far, which is such a massive compliment for us as a band, we want to just continue writing, recording, playing and sharing our songs with as many people and in as many places as possible.
WMB: If you guys could go on one dream tour or festival - who would play along side you? (Can be past or present bands)
DE: The Beatles – Hollywood bowl circa 1965. Would have been immense! Rubbish PA’s and no monitoring but the atmosphere would have been insane.
WMB: Thanks for taking the time - seriously you guys need to be on the radio over here like now. Can't wait to see what else you guys end up doing this year!
DE: No Problem. And I agree! We would like that Ha. Best.
Ok so I have to at least post two songs but I want to post more. Every single I have heard is great. I will post the two mentioned in the interview and if you love these guys like I do - like, share, follow and spread the word! If you click on their soundcloud below you can listen to But you Do and download it for free!
So one day I have got to visit London. I do believe over half of my favorite bands right now are from the UK. At least I can admire from afar and hope and wish that one year they will come to Austin for SXSW so I can see them live.
What do you think of Beautiful Boy?
You can connect with Beautiful Boy here:
Beautiful Boy
Great Bands You Have Probably Never Heard Of
London UK Bands
New Alternative Bands
New Music
UK Bands
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps

Comments
Post a Comment