- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WendyR
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I have seen Little Daylight 3 times now and I’m not sure why I am just now posting about them. I have seen them live for the past two years at SXSW and watched a few songs turn into a great debut album. It was cool being at their first headlining tour and they even had a decent crowd as well. I’m really excited to see what they end up doing in the future. If you haven’t check out their remixes, they are doing really well with remixing some great artists.
I love singer Nikki Taylor’s stage presence, I kind of have a girl crush going on because she is so awesome on stage. I have a couple of videos to link as well. If you are not familiar and you like Phantogram, you definitely need to check Little Daylight out. It was a highly energetic performance that made me want to dance.
First up is Young Rising Sons and I wasn’t familiar with them until I checked them out after I found out they were opening for LD. YRS is a band I feel has all the qualities to go very far if you love that full arena sounding rock. For me, it’s a number of things that backs up my feeling that they will be a well known rock band within the next year or so. Not only do you have a full band that is easy on the eyes (I should not even be admitting that, I’m a bit old to be fangirling haha) they also have a tight and solid live set along with a great falsetto singer that sounds better live than the recordings. What can I say, I’m a sucker for strong percussion, whistling, whoas, heys, yeah yeah yeahs in the chorus and uplifting lyrics in general.
I normally don’t share a bunch of descriptions with my reviews but I'm hoping if you like that type of sound, too you will support this band. My main goal with this blog is just to share good music that others may not have heard about. Hopefully these guys will answer a few questions for me and they will get their own post. I need more than just four songs, though. I am embedding the video for King of the World below but I also recorded their track High if you want to check it out, too.
For Little Daylight's set it's really cool to see the progression as SXSW in 2013 was one of their first performances and the band has really improved with how they play together and their stage presences in general. Their set was very high energy and they were really excited to be back here on their first headlining tour. I hope their popularity continues to grow. If you ever get a chance to see Little Daylight live, I promise you won't be disappointed.
For Little Daylight I am linking their awesome track Overdose but if you want to check out Glitter and Gold I recorded that as well.
I love catching bands that are up and coming and I get to see such a great quality show for less than 20 bucks. That's not to say I don't mind supporting great bands or paying good money to see them - it's just that for a single mom with a tight budget, I see some really awesome bands. Both of these bands are on my watch list and there is no doubt in my mind I will see them again live in the future. What did you think if you were at the show last night?
I love singer Nikki Taylor’s stage presence, I kind of have a girl crush going on because she is so awesome on stage. I have a couple of videos to link as well. If you are not familiar and you like Phantogram, you definitely need to check Little Daylight out. It was a highly energetic performance that made me want to dance.
First up is Young Rising Sons and I wasn’t familiar with them until I checked them out after I found out they were opening for LD. YRS is a band I feel has all the qualities to go very far if you love that full arena sounding rock. For me, it’s a number of things that backs up my feeling that they will be a well known rock band within the next year or so. Not only do you have a full band that is easy on the eyes (I should not even be admitting that, I’m a bit old to be fangirling haha) they also have a tight and solid live set along with a great falsetto singer that sounds better live than the recordings. What can I say, I’m a sucker for strong percussion, whistling, whoas, heys, yeah yeah yeahs in the chorus and uplifting lyrics in general.
I normally don’t share a bunch of descriptions with my reviews but I'm hoping if you like that type of sound, too you will support this band. My main goal with this blog is just to share good music that others may not have heard about. Hopefully these guys will answer a few questions for me and they will get their own post. I need more than just four songs, though. I am embedding the video for King of the World below but I also recorded their track High if you want to check it out, too.
For Little Daylight I am linking their awesome track Overdose but if you want to check out Glitter and Gold I recorded that as well.
I love catching bands that are up and coming and I get to see such a great quality show for less than 20 bucks. That's not to say I don't mind supporting great bands or paying good money to see them - it's just that for a single mom with a tight budget, I see some really awesome bands. Both of these bands are on my watch list and there is no doubt in my mind I will see them again live in the future. What did you think if you were at the show last night?
Austin Concert Reviews
Concert Reviews
Great Bands You Have Probably Never Heard Of
LIttle Daylight
Stubb's
Young Rising Sons
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments




Nice write-up. I was at that show and agree with you on so many things. YRS was a blast of fresh air for me. Hadn't heard of them before last night and was bobbing my head for every one of their songs. I first caught Little Daylight this year at SXSW for an acoustic performance. On the acoustic side, I dug their sound enough to look them up later. Was really glad when I saw they were coming back to Austin to headline. Nothin like being there towards the beginning as they rise in the music world. And there's no doubt both these bands will.
ReplyDelete