- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Posted by
WendyR
on
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
If you have been following my blog for a while, you have already heard of V Y N C E. I posted about these guys back in May and I am super excited to post now about their upcoming EP WAVES that will be released on the 20th of September.
They titled their EP WAVES and that is actually my favorite track on the EP. V Y N C E formed in July 2013 and they are influenced by a plethora of different bands and genres which makes for their great eclectic sound. Peter (vocals) is influenced by the Cure and soul singers. Tom (Drums) is influenced by latin, jazz, electronic and hip hop drummers. Ollie (guitarist) is influenced by 80's music and Echo and The Bunnymen. Alex (bassist) is influenced by jazz music.
If you are familiar with V Y N C E - you have already heard their two great tracks from the upcoming EP "April Showers" and "Not My Girlfriend". I was lucky enough to preview the EP before it's release and it is definitely a solid debut EP.
I am already sold on "April Showers" and "Not My Girlfriend" which are currently both up on their soundcloud. The two additional tracks "Waves" and "Saint Lucia" fully complete this lovely EP. "Waves" is signature V Y N C E with their airy guitars and shoegaze influenced rock. If summer wasn't about to be over, it would easily be classified as one of my summer jams. "Saint Lucia" is a slower tune that showcases the lyrical depth of V Y N C E and the vocal talent of Peter.
There are some great things going on with V Y N C E as well - they recently took the Ice Bucket Challenge which is super awesome and you can view the video and donate on their Facebook Page and on September 26th they are opening for JAWS again in Liverpool and promoting their EP release. I am confident with this new EP release their current fan base will just continue to grow.
If you dig V Y N C E like I do - like their facebook, share their music, follow them on twitter and tell a friend. Don't forget WAVES is out the 20th of September. I'm sharing their latest track from the upcoming EP, "Not My Girlfriend".

Comments
Post a Comment